Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The End of Crazy

The other day I was running around the house simultaneously throwing stuff out, formulating a new budget and dreaming of once a month meal preparation plans.

I stopped in front of Noah (who was just standing there leaning against the counter) and said, "do I get kind of weird when I don't have any shifts at work?"

He raised his eyebrows and said, "Yeah. Just a little. You need a shift. Soon."

I keep getting cancelled for my shifts at the hospital. Not enough sick people, I guess.

The other night the phone rang and I glanced at the caller id. It was work. I knew they were calling to cancel my shift. My second thought after that was, "I need to clean and sanitize all the phones!"

I get too much sleep.
I have spare time.
So I do weird things.

Going through Noah's childhood memorbilia, sorting through random boxes in the basement, digging out large areas of sod. And then I get all budget crazy. And than the best stuff happens: I meal plan. I write lists of foods I could make. I make banana bread. I make cookies. I compare prices at grocery stores.

Now, my house isn't really cleaner. Because I don't really clean. I sort, I organize and things tend to get a little messier before they get better. Or before they have the potential to get better.

But I finally didn't get cancelled for a shift.

So maybe I will be a little sleep deprived.

And I little less hyperactive.

And maybe things can get back to normal.

3 comments:

Momma Bear said...

hahaha this is funny!
I love your new header. And how is your tri training coming? I've been kicking butt the last 6 weeks, getting in shape for multiple backpacking trips. Including riding my bike and slowly beginning to run again. I think I have a tri in my near future. woot! :)

AlyssaJoy said...

Ha! I loved reading this. I get the same way when I don't have "something going". That's what I call it anyway, when my side job becomes being an obsessive housewife and I spend far to much time doing stuff that matters far too little. And I get cranky. Hopefully you don't get cranky. I'm at that place right now where I don't have my "something" because we just moved - anyway, it must be found soon!!

Auntie Kendy said...

I sounds more like you have a case of the "pre-nesting". When you have child #4 on the way you begin earlier than normal to "nest".
Actually, I made that up but it sounded good to me!