Monday, September 21, 2009

Controversial Monday: Creating Drama on Social Networking Sites

Sometimes inspiration doesn't strike until late at night, hence the timing of this post.

Sometimes I get a little strange late at night, hence the subject of the post.

But all that aside, what do you think of adding a little soap opera drama to facebook; or twitter?

You know stuff like:

Julie is:

"Wondering what to do with some newly acquired info...it could prove disasterous for a lot of people"

"Requesting prayer for a highly touchy family situation...won't go into details"

"Wishing everyone didn't hate me so much"

"Sorry that relationships are (sob) so hard (sob)"

"Trying to reconcile her two best friends"

"Contemplating removing people from her friends list. Some 'friends' can be so hurtful"

"Wishing that more people would get her sense of humor"

You know...statuses that are written precisely to be vague and sensationalistic just to get people to ask, "what is going on?" or "I hope it is not me!"

Appropriate or not?

'Cuz I am really considering putting some good ones on there.

You know, just to shake things up.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE IT!!! I (as you already know) dislike drama on facebook... as for fake drama..bring it on! You didn't give me credit for bringing up this controversial subject...

Antisocial Networker said...

Hoping M. recovers his gold before midnight. No one should have to die of radiation poisoning.

Grandma Debbie said...

Please....... no mother-in-law drama!
By the way, do you think BNP will stick with treatment this time?

Johanna said...

excellent point! it is a bit insane what people post...maybe i'm just a little more private than the average facebooker...bring on the fake drama! ;-) can't wait to 'wonder' if I'm the cause...

LS said...

Haha! Now I get what you meant by drama. You should see all the youth group kids' status'. I call it angst and heartbreak. It's pretty humerous how up and down they are and how they advertise their fights with one another.

I think drama for the sake of being dramatic is pretty goofy. I like facebook status' that are witty, humerous, thought-provoking, or informational. But sometimes real news can be dramatic and that's okay (like the birth of a new baby or a tough situation).