Sunday, March 16, 2008

If our lives were an inspirational novel...

I used to read a lot of fiction and would usually just ignore the perfection of the characters and the precise way that they interacted. I picked up an "Inspirational" fiction book the other day and every page cracks me up. They are always asking about each others feelings etc. and I don't know, it makes me laugh. Then I got to thinking about Noah and me and our conversations and how they would change if I was making them into an inspirational novel. Here is the latest conversation, no kidding- this is what happened (only the narrative part is added for novel affect):


"Did you notice that I am savoring this Crystal Lite?" Julie said with a mischevious grin.


"Now you are just mocking me" Noah chuckled and gave her a playful pat as she walked by. "Bob thought it might take me a solid 30-45 min to set it up [our brand new Wii!]".


"Oh, Noah, you are so good at stuff like that, I am sure it will take no time at all" Julie looked up at him adoringly as she left the room to check her email. A minute later she was back.


"Now I am mad, Noah! Our triathalon run this year has been shortened to an 8K!" Julie sounded very frusterated.


"Really?! Did they shorten the swim too?"


Julie shot him a withering glance, "I don't even want to do it anymore. We should find a new one." (following this came a lengthy discussions about olympic triathalons, word definitions and pros and cons of tris and swims and length conversions. All of that is too boring for my inspirational story.)


"Oh Noah, even your popcorn is a work of art." she smiled at him and they went down the stairs together to watch Spot with the rascals Deacon and Roman.

To be continued...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh please....you really talked like that?!?
You got a Wii?!?!

The Three 22nds said...

I let Noah edit. Unfortunantly (or fortunantly) he doesn't read inspirational books. The word "rascals" should really be "energetic".