Monday, August 27, 2007

Peacocks


I have never given a lot of thought to peacocks, but now I think I have said "Peacock" more times in the last 24 hours than I have in my entire life.


At 3 this morning Deacon (who had come into our room at some point) sat straight up in bed and started screaming about there being a peacock in our house. It woke Roman up and scared Noah and I. He was just frantic and was insisting that there was a peacock. We turned the light on and showed him that there wasn't a peacock there or in his room. I ended up spending the rest of the night in their room because he was scared out of his little 3 year old mind. I expected this to happen sometime regarding monsters or dinosaurs or good old Lions, Tigers and Bears...but Peacocks!?


All day today he has been talking about peacocks (never before have I heard him discuss them). I wasn't sure if he knew what they were so I asked him to describe a peacock for me. He said, "well, they are kind of like an ostrich". I guess he does know what they are. He saw a picture of a peacock in a book he got at the library today and I said, "there is a peacock". He said, "yes, he is just like the one that was in our house."


I am going to work tonight...for everyones sake I hope no more peacocks visit!

No comments: