"Yes", he slowly responded.
"And I thought that Reggie Jackson was their right fielder...I believe it was the 1970s."
"You're right! I'm impressed!"
Sometimes I file sports trivia and randomly pull it out- just for his reaction.
2. Deacon and Roman both can read, which adds special interest to their arguments. Deacon doesn't like cereal, and Roman does. Roman doesn't like Mac and Cheese "without pictures" and Deacon doesn't mind it. Anyway, Roman refused to eat the Mac the other day, stating "I am only going to eat healthy things like apples and applesauce." It is amazing how that kid can manage to refuse to eat what I made and make me feel guilty for serving him something "unhealthy".
After lunch I heard Roman and Deacon talking about cereal. Roman was heard to announce, "fruity cheerios are full of whole grain! In fact, whole grain is THE NUMBER 1 INGREDIENT." Deacon responded with, "yeah, well, I bet sugar is NUMBER 2 on the list!"
Sure enough, they were directly quoting from the box.
ahh, the power of marketing.
3. Baby girl is huge. She has three hobbies: sleeping, smiling and sucking her thumb. I could just be forgetful, but I think she is our smiliest baby. She coos and talks and grins with a little twinkle in her eye. I swear sometimes she says "hi" back to me when I say it to her.
4. Baby girl may be huge like the boys, but she does not have the same neck strength as they did. This may be partially due to the fact that when I put her on her tummy for tummy time, she promptly falls asleep. As soon as she can roll over, I am pretty sure "back to sleep" will no longer be possible. Yesterday I wondered if she had rolled over, but I am fairly convinced that a certain older sister helped her out. She is an unreliable witness (victim?), however, so the true story will be forever lost. I am guessing that it is not the last secret that Bre and Ever will share.
5. Speaking of Berean, that girl is well, a girl. She is emotional and she requires a great deal of help to keep her accessories together. Today she wore Deacon's size 8 athletic shorts because they are shiny. She really likes shiny things. She also loves her glittery shoes. Thankfully, since she has been spending so much time outside she is getting tired and taking more naps again. To give you a sense of her, here is my followup facebook post from Sunday: With the help of some reduced stimulation (nap), family involvement (neighbors and friends), distraction (bouncy house), reorientation and reassurance (by removing her from counters and chairs and providing her with appropriate snacks), we are happy to report that we were able to make it to the end of our shift without the need of a 1:1. Good luck next shift, may the force be with you. Oh wait, I am the next shift...
6. Lincoln had a good report at his speech team meeting. Lately he has been asking me if certain numbers are "main numbers". I am not sure what he means, but he asks me often, so I have formulated a response. I tell him that I think that the main numbers are 0, 1, 2, 3, 5, 10, 12, 15, 20, 25, 50, 100. Am I missing any? What numbers do you consider "main numbers"?
7. The boys have been playing "Wild Kids". They pretend their plane went down over Africa and they are working on rebuilding it. Roman is the electronics expert and is attempting to rebuild the engine. Deacon is into wood carving. This idea is some sort of combination of "Madagascar II" and NTM's "Wild Brothers" DVDs.
8. It has been so mild here that we have been having fires already and burning up sticks. We have so much wood in our lot that it is never going to be gone. Noah disagrees, however. I would like to put in a basketball court, but the sticks must be vanquished first.
9. The boys are convinced that they are going to get a big present for Easter. I am not entirely sure where they got that idea. last year we bought them candy and a $6 dollar toy to put in their paper mache eggs. This year they believe they are going to find gaming systems and Wii games in their eggs. The Easter bunny didn't form a dot com this year, as far as I know, so I think they may be mistaken.
10. It is time to quit writing. My fonts are going crazy, I need to go to bed and I have reached my 10th thing! Good night! (by the way, I ordered 4 of my photo books...only 16 more to go!)