Monday, November 8, 2010

Grouchy

I really shouldn't blog when I feel this grouchy.

Next I was going to type that I don't really know why I feel so crabby. But I do know why. There are a bunch of reasons.

It doesn't help matters that lovely daylights savings time has landed us in the dark. And it is going to get cold. And I am going to have to keep track of 10 mittens. 5 hats. 5 jackets and a variety of snowpants, scarves and boots.

This isn't really very fun, is it?

Reboot.

Ok.

Friday morning my 2 oldest boys got the stomach flu.

Wow. Although that story is somewhat funny in retrospect, I don't have time to do it justice now.

Oh, and my next best story is one that I don't think I will be telling anyone for oh, 42 weeks or so, at which point it may move from mortifying to funny. My neighbor says it is already funny, but I am not at that point yet.

Nor do I have time to tell you all about why I am an insomniac for the week.

So instead I am going to leave you with this- a quote from my friend Kim (who runs for the joy of running and has a lot of dogs. And a husband. And 2 daughters. And she always comments on my facebook status's which I really appreciate):

"The curse of being the Mom is that the ratio of mom tasks to the number of moms in the house is freakily disproportionate." - Kim-Who-Runs-For-Joy

So true, Kim, so true.

And it is why my household has been asleep for the last 3 hours while I have been scrubbing baseboards.

hmmm...scrubbing baseboards...that sounds like a good job for my favorite 5 & 6 year olds...

No comments: