Tuesday, September 27, 2011

2 Things That I Need

September has been a whirlwind of activity. I am pleased to say, though, that the kids seem to be at least somewhat enjoying school and we have been keeping up with the pace that I set in the beginning.

This month I have been driving Lincoln to all of his speech stuff, and the older boys have their photography class. In addition I have been volunteering full days at the co-op. That is all over this week though, and then- oh the extra time we will have!

But, through this month I have discovered what I need to have daily:

1. hot chocolate
2. 4 pieces of toast with butter, peanut butter and jelly

Otherwise I am just so sad.

I tried to give up butter- I had decided it would save both money and calories, and so it seemed like a win-win. Only I lost. I had no interest in my breakfast, I didn't look forward to the start of my day- so I went back to the butter slathered toast. Now I am happy.

And my hot chocolate. I am not a morning person, nor am I a coffee drinker. Hot chocolate and a hot shower (not at this same time though!) get me going in the morning. No matter how expensive Swiss Miss is, I will not be leaving it anytime soon.

Well, I am off to do some studying and to read a little. I am reading "Heaven is For Real". I was skeptical, but I am really liking it so far. Good night!


2 comments:

Thia said...

I was chatting to my 1 year old as I prepped dinner last night with her on my hip. I taught her that butter makes everything better. Then I threw a stick in with the freshly drained spaghetti and we watched it start melting. Mmmm
By the way...the word verification below is "parti" HA!

Unknown said...

Love you and your weird need for butter:) Just kidding I love butter. Gina found some REAL cheese from WI and it was SO good! Yummy!