Saturday, August 25, 2012

Siblings

I really enjoyed growing up with sisters.  We had a lot of the same friends, shared clothes and had a lot of fun playing together.  I always thought it would be fun to have a brother, though, too.

Noah grew up with two sisters.  He loves his sisters, but always kind of wished that he had a brother as well.

We are so happy to have brothers and sisters for all of our children.  One of my greatest joys as a mother is watching the relationships between my children.  There is very little that makes me happier then to watch them have positive interactions with one another.

I love it when Deke and Roman have their arms around each other as they are wandering around the yard.  I like to see the spontaneous hand holding and hugging over accomplishments.  I love it when D reaches out a hand to Linc when he is having trouble, or when he puts Everyn on his shoulders.

I love it when they help each other open freezies, and counsel the younger siblings over the loss of teeth and broken toys.

Yes, they fight, but there is also a lot of conversation; a lot of shared dreams, plans and play.  If they are apart, when they get back together there is a gathering, a sharing of experiences that one or the others missed out on.

Yesterday we were at a waterpark with just the boys.  A pregnant woman was there (very close to her due date) and Roman commented to me, "Mom, remember when we could put our hands on your stomach and feel Everyn kick?"  He paused and walked over to me and put his ear by my belly.  "I wonder if there is a new baby in there?"

Can we be done having babies?

Maybe, maybe not.

But I am so glad that we have been able to give our children so many people to love them, cheer for them and support them.  I am glad that we have given them a lesson in the preciousness of babies.  I am glad that they are having a hands on lesson in child development.  I hope that these friendships, forged in childhood, last forever.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your family, too!

The Three 22nds said...

and then today on the way home from church Everyn and Berean were holding hands...

Tonya said...

I love this post... I think it's funny that I have 2 girls and then 2 (soon to be 3) boys, just the opposite of you. And I love that they can each experience having brothers and sisters. We sure are blessed!