Tuesday, June 7, 2011

10 Things

1. My husband is currently reading "World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War". I am not kidding.

2. We have started the Insanity workout 60 day challenge and I am pretty sure I am going to need to replace my carpet after it is over due to all of the sweat.

3. A simple "plant the blueberry bushes" has now turned into a full blown "rock removal and landscaping project".

4. I worked 44 hours Sunday to Sunday last week and am looking forward to enjoying some lighter work weeks!

5. Most of my fall curriculum for the boys has been ordered and delievered!

6. Our sump pump has finally stopped running, but a few days ago I took a walk in our neighborhood and heard running water the whole time. Every few houses had a hose running down to the street with water pouring out of it. I guess we are not alone.

7. The kids were out eating icecream cone things and the neighbor boy was overheard saying, "Let's pretend it is beer and we are just sitting around drinking and talking." Probably a good thing that Noah heard that and that I wasn't out there. Don't say things like that to my precious little boy! (who, incidently, is looking scarily older and older. I grabbed his arm the other day and he is all "man muscle" and not "little boy fat" anymore.

8. My birthday is next week and I (surprisingly) am looking forward to it. Last year I was not- something about the big 3-0. Somehow, 31 seems easier to accept. Maybe it is because I have learned in the last year that just because you are no longer in your 20s doesn't mean that you are old. (Tell that to the next 21 year old you see and watch for the blank stare of noncomprehension).

9. I am still eating butter on my toast along with peanut butter and jelly. I just can't give it up. It is simply better that way.

10. Little Debbie Cloud Cakes are superior to Hostess Twinkies*. It has been proven. Well, kind of.

*I was in no way compensated by Little Debbie for that statement.

2 comments:

Love Twinkies! said...

But then I eat one, and they're not really that good.

Once again, my nostalgic memories are better than reality.

Fair and Balanced said...

For the record, I am also reading "Sacred Marriage".