Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Independence

Deacon had his first "homeschool gym and swim" class on Tuesday. First he got to have a swimming lesson and then he got to go run around the track and play games in the small gym.

As he was waiting to get into the water he said, "I just love the water". I responded, "you love the water? Well I love you!". He smiled and said, "I love you more than I love the water."

It was cute :)

After the lesson we were heading into the locker room and I asked him he liked his lesson (as if I couldn't tell from the skip in his step and the smile on his face!) He responded, "yes mom, it is fun to do things without you!"

My four-year-old loves me more than the water but he still likes to do things without me. Personally, I think that is a fabulous combination. (by the way, I can't type or say "fabulous" anymore without thinking of the song "you were just too busy being fabulous". I am so going to say that to someone sometime...I am just waiting for the right moment.)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I read some of your blog to the kids today before we started history. They thought the independence one was cute and wanted more stories about "my adorable nephews" (Laney called them that)