Sunday, September 23, 2007

sad and glad




Roman's 2nd birthday was yesterday. His party had a Bob/Elmo/Cars/Thomas theme! We had all of his favorite snacks and he was overwelmed with presents! It was a good time. Noah and I took the boys to McDonalds for lunch for a birthday treat. Deacon was quite upset over it because it was just us..."why aren't we bringing our people?" he asked. He often refers to friends and family as "our people" i think it is cute. It reminds me of the passage Noah and I had on our wedding invitations, "where you go, I will go and where you stay I will stay. your people will be my people and your God, my God." (Ruth something).


The sad part is that we said goodbye to Karla. She left this morning for Brazil. We are going to miss her SO much! the boys know she is going to Brazil, but they don't really understand. This morning Deacon asked about her and thought she would be at church. No concept of how far away Brazil actually is.

No comments: