Monday, October 15, 2007

Pumpkins!





Noah was gone for the weekend, so Erica, my mom and I took the boys to a "Harvest festival" complete with a pumpkin eating dragon, a pirate ship with apple shooting cannons and kids play area, trolley and trains. Oh, and a petting zoo. the boys were really excited and basically just ran around like chickens with their heads cut off :)


I told Deacon that we could buy a pumpkin at the end. He was walking amongst all of the pumpkins and would stop and look and then move on. I was getting a little antsy and said, "Deacon what criteria are you using, what are y ou looking for in a pumpkin?" He said, "mom, I want one that I can hold" so i handed him one, "too heavy", he said. I gave him another, "too big". I said, "Deke, that is the smallest one that I see!" A lady overheard us and told us where to find some smaller ones. I gave him a small one and he says, "it is still too big!" he finally found ones that were just perfect- those really tiny pumpkin gourd things and they were 3 for a dollar! nice deal for everyone...until we saw the 20min long line we were going to have to stand in to buy them!

No comments: